Before understanding the meaning of branding, you need to know the meaning of brand first. According to the American Marketing Association, a brand is a name, term, design, symbol, or another characteristic of a product or service that distinguishes it from others.
Therefore, branding is all efforts to create a brand. In other words, the process of determining the mission, vision, and logo can be categorized as branding.
3 Elements in Branding
Brands can be represented by various things. However, you should not forget the three elements below when doing branding:
1. Mission and Vision — Mission and vision are the foundation of your brand. Both can be interpreted as follows: Mission is the solution you want to provide to solve the problem at hand, while vision is the long-term goal you want to achieve with your brand.
2. Logo — Logo is the face of a brand. To create it, you need a writing style, color, and shape that can make an impression on your target market’s mind.
3. Website — In the past, you could display your brand image with flyers, billboards, and television advertisements. However, the digital age requires every business to have an official website. Otherwise, your business will not be famous. For full website benefits, you can read about this website benefits article.
Benefits of Branding for Your Business
1. Brand will be famous easily — The right branding will make your brand famous.
2. Give your business a strong position in the industry — In the long run, strengthening your brand will place your business in a strategic position in its industry.
3. Trust in your brand will increase — Positively recognized brands will be more trusted and will find it easier to attract new customers. In addition, old customers will also feel at home doing business with you if the quality and brand image are maintained.
4. Support the marketing of the brand itself — Your marketing efforts will be easier if you have a trusted brand. Customers who are satisfied with your product or service are more likely to recommend it to others.